Friday, October 19, 2007

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

3 cups cooked chicken or turkey cubed
3 cups cubed ham
1 c. cheddar cheese

Sauce:
1/4 c. butter
1 c. chopped onion
Cook in microwave 3 minutes until transparent.
Add:
1/3 c. flour
1 tsp. dill weed
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
add slowly 2 cups half and half. Microwave 5 min. Stir into meat mixture. Place in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle topping over the top.

Topping:
2 T. butter
1/4 tsp. dill weed
1 c. dry bread crumbs
1/4 c. chopped almonds

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

1 comments:

LisAway said...

Anne's sister here. I made this for dinner tonight and it's great. I used a cup of half and half and a cup of skim milk and it's good. Next time I think I'll even try using all milk to make it lighter. I love making chicken cordon blue, but have only done it a few times because it's a little tricky so I'm happy to have an alternate recipe! Thanks!