
2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tsps extra virgin olive oil
9 ounces pasta
2 cups heavy cream (I have substituted milk, and it is fine)
4 Tablespoons butter (I don't use this much,
I use 2-3 because I don't want
all the butter, but it is fine either way)
4 teaspoons garlic, minced
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup parmesan cheese (I might use a little more because I like it cheesy)
1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
black pepper ( like white pepper,
because it doesn't add any color)
salt
cook broccoli.
In a medium saucepan, cook the chicken in
the olive oil, letting each side
brown.
Leave remaining oil drippings in pan,
setting chicken aside for now.
In salted water, boil the pasta, not quite all the way
(it will simmer
later).
Drain the pasta and put back into pot.
In the remaining oil from the chicken,
over medium heat, brown the garlic,
with butter.
When caramelized add cream and cornstarch,
and stir well.
Heat until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
Add salt, pepper,cheese and red peppers.
When prepared, add the sauce to the pasta
and toss until well coated.
Chop chicken into cubes, toss with pasta,
add broccoli.
I usually wind up adding more cheese and
milk to keep it creamy when it is
warmed up again.
Enjoy! Serves 6 people.
0 comments:
Post a Comment