Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fish Taco Salads

I kind of made this up when my taco shell crumbled and I thought why not make it a salad. You could easily just get soft taco shells to have fish tacos. We love them.
About 4-5 Tilapia filets
garlic salt
lemon juice
Fry the tilapia filets in a skillet over the stove in a tablespoon of olive oil. I sprinkle them with garlic salt and lemon or lime juice (has to be fresh).

Dressing: (from Liz Edmunds, the Food Nanny)
3/4 c. mayonaise ( I use Greek yogurt for a no fat better tasting variation)
1/2 c. buttermilk (1 Tbsp. vinegar and enough skim milk to make one cup is good too, but only use 1/2 cup of that)
1 T. lime juice
1-2 T. fresh cilantro
1 tsp garlic
3/4 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. dried onion
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper


Avacado-Mango Salso
2 Mangos skinned and diced
2 Avacados cubed
1 red pepper
3/4 of a red onion
fresh cilantro
2 T. sugar
2 T. olive oil
4 T. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. salt or garlic salt
Mix it altogether and let sit about 30 minutes before serving.

I used cabbage, crumbled tortilla shells, tomatoes, fish, dressing, and salsa. Yummmmy!

0 comments: