Saturday, August 20, 2011

Buckaroo Beans


Wherever I take this, I will always be asked for the recipe. It's my go-to recipe for baked beans and we love it!

1 pound of browned ground beef
1 pound of cooked and crumbled bacon
1 medium chopped onion
1 medium chopped green pepper
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
2 T. mustard
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 16 oz. can of Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
1 16 oz. can of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
1 16 oz. can of Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
1 16 oz. can of Pork and Beans, undrained

Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish or your crock pot. When it is all mixed together, I look at it to see if it needs more liquid. I usually squirt in more ketchup and BBQ sauce and a little more mustard until it looks like a good consistency. If you are going to bake it, set the oven at 350 and bake for an hour. If you want to throw it all in your crock pot, cook it on high for a few hours or low, depending on how much time you have.

0 comments: