Thursday, June 28, 2018

Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my go-to recipe, and we're pretty big fans of chocolate chip cookies around here. This recipe makes about 60 cookies depending on the size. If you don't want that many, this recipe can easily be halved.

4 sticks of softened butter (one pound)
2 cups of packed brown sugar
2 cups of white sugar
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
2 Tablespoons vanilla
2 cups of quick oats
2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of baking powder
5 cups of flour (this is what I normally put in. Flour is something I always just put in until it feels right. Basically you don't want your cookies to spread.)
3 cups of chocolate chips


Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients and chocolate chips last. Bake at 350 for about ten minutes. For some reason cookies are always better is the dough has been in the freezer or refrigerator. I make these cookies into balls and freeze them so I always have cookies in my freezer.

0 comments: