Friday, March 12, 2010

Desiree's BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup barbeque sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's you can find it for sure at Costco and Harmons.)
Marinate chicken in barbeque sauce, then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Chop (or shred) into pieces and refrigerate. (I just put it all in my crockpot out on the patio for a few hours.)
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
1/2 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
3 to 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 jicama, peeled and diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 (15 counce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Combine chicken in large salad bowl with salad ingredients and toss. Serve with Ranch Dressing additional BBQ sauce and crispy corn tortilla chips. ( I combined all but the chips and chicken and let people put those on top.)

0 comments: