Another great recipe from here. I just made it for a birthday cake and it was sooooooo yummy. 1 yellow cake mix 1 cup sour cream 4 eggs 1 small vanilla pudding mix 1/2 cup oil 1/2 cup water 2 tsp almond extract Mix all the above ingredients together for a few minutes until well combined. Pour the batter into 2 round cake pans. I used 9" and it was perfect. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until done. Let cool for a few minutes and then gently remove from pans. Almond Glaze 4 cups powdered sugar 1 stick of butter, melted 4 tsp almond extract 6-7 Tb milk, or enough to make the consistency like a glaze. Mix the glaze ingredients together while the cake bakes. Once the cakes are out of their pans, prick the cake with a large fork or the back of a wooden spoon. . Spoon the glaze over the two round cakes letting it sink in. It works better if your cake is still a little warm so the glaze will soak in. Save about 1/3 or so of the glaze and set aside. 1 pint whipping cream powdered sugar to sweeten 1-2 pounds of fresh strawberries, sliced Whip cream with 2 Tb powdered sugar, using a mixer. Wash dry and slice the starwberries and set aside. Assembly: Place one of the glazed cake rounds on a cake stand or large plate. Top with freshly whipped cream and a layer of strawberry slices. Follow with the second cake, more whipped cream and arrange more fresh sliced strawberries on top in a pretty pattern. Next drizzle the more of the almond glaze over the top and down the sides. Store in fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Friday, May 20, 2011
Strawberry Shortcake with Almond Glaze
Posted by
Natalie
at
4:55 AM
Labels: Cakes and Cookies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























1 comments:
I just found your blog and really like your recipes. I am going to make the strawberry almond cake for 4th of July. I guest post once in a while on a cooking blog called Becoming Betty (becomingbetty.blogspot.com) if you're interested in looking at some of mine and the gals who adminstrate it. Thanks--I'm enjoying your recipes.
Post a Comment