The best thing about this recipe is you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I also love that there isn't a huge amount of sugar. If you like more sauce, then you'll need to double the ingredients starting with the broth and ending with cornstarch. My kids like a lot of sauce for the rice, so we usually double it.
2 Tablespoons oil. I always use coconut oil.
6 cloves of minced garlic. I always use the garlic from Costco in a jar.
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 bunch of chopped green onions (optional. sometimes I don't have them so I leave them out. You can also just throw in regular onions.)
1 tsp. salt
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips.
1 red bell pepper cut into strips
1-2 cups of peeled and cut carrots.
1-2 cups of broccoli cut into small pieces.
You can really add any veggies you want and as much as you want.
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sugar, sometimes I use half white and half brown
2 Tablespoons cornstarch.
Heat oil in wok or large non-stick skillet. When it is hot, add 2 cloves of garlic, ginger and green onions and salt. Stir about two minutes then add the chicken and cook until opaque. Add remaining 4 cloves of garlic and stir. Add all the veggies and 1/2 cup of broth, stir and cover.
In a small bowl mix together the remaining 1/2 cup of broth, soy sauce, sugar and corn starch. When the broccoli is bright green, add the sauce and stir until thickened. Serve immediately with rice.

























0 comments:
Post a Comment